Saturday 28 April 2012

Old School Music

Hey peoples!
Okay, so, basically we have a lot of shit in our house which is all shoved in the lodge which is a seperate mini house thing outside our house. Not all of it is shit though and we found this record player which I imagine is from the '60s or '70s, hence, Old School Music. It's so amazing!

It plays LPs but it's got an 8-inch on it at the moment. The sound it makes is incredibly. It's really old, grainy and crackly which may sound horrible but it really makes you sound as if you're in the '70s and, as a lover of vintage, its a real treat to feel that way. I think it's beautiful!




My mum was telling about the times when she used to go her firends house and a bunch of them would listen to vinyls and chill. Very indie like! And they alll used to have arguements when it was time to turn it over. 'Well, I'm not turning it over, you turn it over' 'No, I'm getting up otherwise someone will nick my seat, you turn it over' 'No, I'm comfy and I don't wanna lose my seat'. In the end, someone gets up and another nicks their seat. It made me laugh. Sorry if the humour didn't translate! :S





Anywa, this was our new find. I love it! I'm going shopping in a bit so hopefully I'll have a few things to show you.

Bye for now :)

Alice xxx



1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! Can only imagine what it sounds like

    ReplyDelete