Saturday 8 June 2013

Animal Week

Hello everyone!

During half term we had Animal Week at the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter, where they had a lot of the real animal actors that play the beloved pets in Harry Potter. The animals were a wonderful addition to the sets and really brought the whole place to life! The animal trainers were lovely - willing to answer any questions about the training of the animals which I found really interesting. Meeting the animal actors had me completely starstruck - so here's a little account of my AMAZING day.
Here you can see the new additions that were made to the Great Hall in the form of breakfast! The Graphic Department were very clever in creating 'Pixie Puffs' and 'Cheeri Owls' wizarding cereals. And you can see one of the letters that the owls were trained to hold and drop - one Ron Weasley would rather not have recieved - his dreaded Howler! On display they had some other letters and packages that were use by the owls - because the owls hated holding onto the string itself, little pieces of leather were attached so the owl had something more substantial to hold onto during training.
By the Gryffindor Common Room, some of the heroes pets were being shown! One of my favourites was the picture of Pigwideon, Ron's owl - even though he was TINY, he wasn't afraid to stare people down. He was such a beaut! Also out of his cage was Ron's rat Scabbers, who, by some extraordinary coincidink, has a toe missing as did Peter Pettigrew! They also had Trevor, Neville Longbottom's toad who was a lot more lovely that he looks! Out of all the animals I expected to see, Trevor was definitely not one of them so it was a really nice surprise! If you follow the Studio Tour on Twitter, you may be aware of their 'Twitter Litter' which gave accounts of a group 6 kitten's training in the few weeks up to Animal Week and allowed members of the public to name them! They are so flipping cute. I couldn't get any decent pictures of them because kittens are very excitable and won't stop moving but here's the best one I took of the 'rogue' kitten they called 'Fletcher'. To get better pictures and videos of the kittens then you can see them on the tour's Twitter account HERE.

An ancestor of Fang, a Neopolitan Mastiff, was here at the tour, whose name is Ray. Despite the wrinkly face and slobber, she is lovely and seeing her loving some attention from Julie Tottman, one of the main animals trainers, was so sweet. There were loads of owls based in Diagon Alley at Eeylops Owl Emporium which was SO cool! Including Errol, the Weasleys bird who keeps crashing!

The last two are my absolute favourite. These animals are the ones I got the most starstruck over - Crookshanks and Hedwig. Crookshanks (whose real name is Crackerjack) is such a beautiful cat. I know he's got a squashed face, but I think that makes him even cuter. He's known for thinking he's a dog and is trained to go to specific marks - some even as small as a leaf! Hedwig is one the most gorgeous creatures I've ever met! His real name is Elmo and is trained to just sit and be beautiful. I said to one of the animal trainers 'That bird is a saint for sitting there all day' and he replied 'What? He likes sitting there all day doing nothing!' :'). So he's a very lazy bird but he does bite if you go near him!

So that my absolutely amazing time seeing all of the animal actors. Did anyone else go to Animal Week and enjoy as much as I did?

Au Revior lovelies, Alice xxx

8 comments:

  1. I went to the tour a few months ago but i'm gutted that I missed out on all the animals! Crookshanks is my absolute favourite! I'm squealing at his little curly fur on his chest aww - lovely pictures!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no! Crookshanks was absolutely gorgeous! But don't be too gutted! If you are planning on going again (I know its pricey tho :/) they always do events around the holidays and they all look incredible :) thankyou for the lovely comment! x

      Delete
  2. Awww! That is so awesome. Love Hedwig and Crookshanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thankyou! :) Ahh, I would give anything for pets like Hedwig and Crookshanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the biggest HP fan, so this is the place I most want to visit in this world!
    You are so lucky ;)
    Loved your blog, is amazing


    WWW.FASHION-BREAKER.COM

    GIVEAWAY | GIVEAWAY | GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankyou so much, that's really lovely! I hope you do visit, it's a fantastic place :)

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit and this looks like so much fun!! That owl is too cute :)
    Hope you're having a Fierce & Fabulous Sunday!
    xoxo
    Crystal

    My Blog, Crystal Chizoba
    My YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! It was incredibly fun - it reminded me that the animals are real (that sounds really weird)!
      But thankyou very much for your comment!

      Take care :) xx

      Delete