Wednesday 14 November 2012

Back to Black

Hello Peoples!

Wow, it's been a bit of a long time since last blogging! I'm really sorry, life has somewhat taken over a bit and I haven't had a camera to take pictures of things. I'm really surprised so many of you have bothered to come back so thank you, I really appreciate it! I have some time to catch up and post things that I should've posted a LONG time ago.

I'm gonna start with my recent purchases. So, I was shopping in River Island quite a while ago now and looking around the 'Chelsea Girl' section when I came across a gorgeous black dress. I didn't have a black dress and it's one of those iconic statement pieces you need to have in your wardrobe so this was a great find. Plus, what I love about this dress is that it's not a standard shape or style that would expect from a 'little black dress' in that it's not fitted and has t-shirt length sleeves. This is sounding confusing - I'm going show you. WARNING: I'm not a serious blogger so I wasn't taking this whole thing seriously when we were taking pictures i.e. I'm looking like a nonce in pretty much EVERY single photo and my brother isn't the most adept with cameras so these arn't the best photos. Enjoy!




So this is my lovely black dress! I hope you can see what I mean about it not being the typical 'black dress'. It's incredibly comfy since it isn't fitted which is good for going out if you bloat easily (I do). The detail is beautiful! The pattern on the dress is a gothic and girly antique pattern in black velvet which gives it a lovely edge. And at a very reasonable price! My black shoes were a surprise buy form Primark because usually I hate it, but they are really nice simple dolly shoes and I wear them nearly all the time.

Dress - River Island £30 | Shoes - Primark £10


OMG - River Island have actually been a bunch of babes recently. I've always wanted a pair of 'flatforms' as I believe they are called but they have always been so expensive which is why I was so happy when River Island had a sale and I managed to nab these beauties for teeny prices. They both previously retailed at £40 a pair, which was a months allowance for me so buying them was out of the question, but during the sales I got them for £8 each pair. YES PEOPLE - £8. Insane. What a bunch of pretties River Island are? They're really quirky shoes which was fantastic because they suit my personality. I wore the zebra print ones into town the other night and for once my feet didn't hurt. I'd recommend everyone get a pair. I haven't been able to find matches, but here are similar ones for reduced prices:




Zebra Flatforms - River Island £40 £8 | Shiny Flatforms - River Island £40 £8


This is me taking the mick. It's an 'on way to shoot' shot. By the way, what do you all think of my scrunchy? I know scrunchies used to be things you wore when you were 8 years old, but I think they could make a come back. I'm gonna make it happen (hopefully). The one I'm wearing is a black velvet scrunchy from Boots at £4.95. I know it's quite pricey but I wear mine loads so it's definitely worth it!

I think that's enough for one post! But thankyou again to everyone whose still been popping in, it's really nice. Life update will come shortly but for now I'll leave you with my hilarious face and the bags under my eyes. I hope everyone is dandy!

Don't forget the big question: What do you think of my scrunchy?

Speak soon! 
Lots of love
Alice xxx


1 comment:

  1. I want your zebra flatforms! Cute black dress too, you're scrunchy is just so sexy, Alice... and matches your dress. I luvs it.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete