Monday 2 July 2012

Harry Potter Studio Tour

Hello peoples! Again!
Still no computer so all the photoes on here are completely unedited again. Sorry! Anyway, during the half term I FINALLY got to go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I only live about 20 minutes away from it which is pretty neat! I had the most amazing day, the sets, props, costumes, everything is incredible! For those who haven't been and want to be suprised I would turn away now, coz this is a massive SPOILER ALERT!






These are some of the incredible sets that you're are able to see on the tour. The Gryffindor Common Room looks so cosy and cute. It makes me really want to go to Hogwarts as a Gryffindor. Dumbledore's Office is amazing. It's so grand but also slightly rugged, you know that look after stone has worn for a while, it's so detailed. There are hundreds of books on the shelves (which apparantly a load of old yellow pages that have had covers put on them). It's just wonderful. One of the most impressive has to be the ptions classroom. The detail is staggering. Around the classroom are hundreds of jars with made up stuff inside them, of all different colours, shapes and sizes. The green pot had a spatula stirring itself (how cute!) and the rest of the props were perfectly formed. My favourite set of all without a doubt was Diagon Alley; it was like walking into a real wizarding world. The shops were so cute and dinky and the buildings were pulled around so it looks like the buildings are so old that they had deformed over the years. They had an ice cream shop and it was the best ice cream shop ever. It was painted in pastel colours and the floor was like that of a 1950s American Diner. And of course I drooled all over Fred and George Weasley's shop, because I love them immensely.




So, 1) Me next to the pensieve 2) Me next to the Night Bus 3) Me and bro with Butterbeer moustaches :D The Butterbeer was really nice - the cream was delicious and caramelly (if that's a word) and the drink itself was really sweet. It would have been better if they had an alcoholic version though.The tour was incredible obviously, which means one thing: AN AMAZING GIFT SHOP. Hands down, the best gift shop EVER. I had very limited amounts of money so I settled for three things:




Are they not amazing!? The Chocolate Frogs were delicious! Solid chocolate frogs! And they came with a wizard card :D I got Salazar Slytherin and my bro got Godric Gryffindor so we swapped coz I'm a Gryffindor. Bertie Botts Every Flavour beans really do contain every flavour - it's such an incredible discovery I don't want to give the surpise so I won't tell you what absolutely delightful flavours you can taste :D. And lastly, I had to get Harry Potter specs didn't I? We got a cute Harry Potter passport which had various games in it. We had to search for Golden Snitches dotted around the place which was actually really fun. I was so good I should be a seeker.

Well, I hope I didn't spoil the suprise for anyone. It was one of the best days of my life. I don't tihnk I have ever acted as much of a kid as I did that day. Oh, for anyone who is going, take this advice - take 2 camera batteries!!!! No matter how much you charge one up, they ALWAYS run out in the place. Trust! Anyway, I'll be back soon with more stuff to talk about!

Lots of love! Alice xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am sooooooo jealous! You and Tom look fiiiiiiiiine with those moustaches ;)

    ReplyDelete