Sunday 26 May 2013

A day in London

Hello Lovelies!

Me and Lizzie, who is Awkward Queen, went to London last wednesday. I think we'd been planning to go London for a couple of months, but have never had the opportunity, so we decided to make a date during the week, made sure we weren't working etc and finally went! It was a really lovely day. We went to Oxford Street (obvs), Carnaby Street, Covent Garden and then got thoroughly lost in Kensington when we went to Harrods. We saw some interesting sights and bought myself some lovely purchases. I probably spent way too much money but it was definitely worth it!

Good ol' Shakespeare looking out from the 'Shakespeare's Head' in Carnaby Street

The Choccywoccydoodah shop in Carnaby Street - chocolate heaven! If you've seen the program you'll know.
Then we trundled to Covent Garden where there are several floating people. Here's Yoda, who was kind enough to wish me peace!
This guy was hilarious and was our view whilst we had lunch. I want to be his friend!
We ate lunch at '21' whose food was really scrummy which was a nice surprise. If you like pizza, this is a good place!
The purchases I made! Some gorgeous vintage Levi's denim shorts from Rokit for a beautiful £24!! Plus 2 MAC lipsticks.

I got 'Morange ' and 'Impassioned ' which I am delighted with. I'll do another post reviewing their success another time :)
 
So that was our day in London! We also visited Harrods which made me go incredibly giddy seeing all of the designer clothes. The interior is absolutely beautiful, particularly in the areas where they sell food. We got severely lost inside and outside the shop and we managed to walk in a giant circle about 3 times. But if you are visiting London, I'd recommend Harrods a visit, even if you can't afford a single thing and feel like a ragamuffin going in! Has anyone else had a good day in London recently?
 
I'm going to see 'The Rite of Spring' by Stravinsky at the Royal Festival Hall for its centenary anniversary from when it was first performed, so I'll be sure to let you know how that goes! But for now, here is 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons which I have becomed obsessed with recently.
 
Au revior honeys, love Alice xxx
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment